All play will be conducted under the current USGA Revised Rules of Golf except for the following rules, definitions and clarifications. Please refer any disputes to the Rules Committee or the host Professional. (See number 4 below.)
See also specific course rules especially as regards drop zones.
2. Sign Up and Pairings
Last Name and First Name - Note last name is requested first.
Play Date? - Select a Play Date by clicking on the button for that date. You may only select one Play Date per form.
Play? - Select “Yes”, “GOLD” or “Cancel” response as desired.
Comments - Please keep optional comments brief.
Remember to hit the SUBMIT button or your information will not be saved. Please double-check that your sign up data was sent and received by checking the Sign Up List on the website.
3. All putts in individual play must be holed. Continuous putting is encouraged. If you lift your ball before putting out but place your ball back in its original location and putt out, it is a one stroke penalty for lifting your ball without marking (see USGA Rule 20-1). If you fail to hole out and do not correct the mistake before teeing at the next hole or, in the case of the last hole of the round before you leave the putting green, you will be disqualified. (See USGA Rule #3-2.)
4. Doubt as to Procedure: USGA Rule 3.3 In stroke play only, when a competitor is doubtful of her rights or procedures, she may, without penalty, play a second ball. The competitor should announce to her fellow competitors her decision and the ball with which she will score if the Rule permits. The competitor must report the facts in all cases to the Rules Committee when returning her scorecard. If she fails to do so, she is disqualified. DO NOT SIGN the scorecard UNTIL the decision had been made.
5. Maximum of 14 clubs allowed. USGA Rule #4-4.
6. Preferred or improved lie is allowed through the green (the whole area of the course except teeing ground, putting greens and hazards). The ball may be lifted and placed within 12 inches, no nearer the hole. The ball is in play when placed and may not be moved again to a more desirable position. Penalties may be incurred if ball is lifted a second or third time. If the ball is cleaned, it must be marked before lifting. Penalty for breach of rule: Match Play, loss of hole; Stroke Play, two strokes. NOTE: USGA makes no distinction between rough and fairway; Decision Rule of Golf p 374 24-2B-8.
7. Scramble events: The first player will play the ball as it lies in a hazard/bunker (if that is the ball selected). Each subsequent player will DROP her ball in the hazard/bunker and play her ball as it lies. If selected shot is played from a bunker, rough, fairway, each team member must do the same.
8. Use of GPS: Sky Caddies and other range finders without slope capability in use are allowed in League play.
9. Tee Markers The first group on each tee may reset the tee markers if they are set so far back that the player does not have the two club lengths back as stipulated by the USGA or if there might be a sprinkler head that interferes with player’s stance. Please remember this applies only to your first tee box.
10. Gold Tees: The Gold tees are the fifth set of tee boxes that are marked with a paver stone. Most paver stones are placed in the fairway. The cart paths have also been marked to help locate these Gold tee boxes. If tee area is mowed lower, you may tee anywhere inside mowed area. If not, you tee near paver stone. A member may elect to play from this tee box by merely signing up to play them. Each course has been handicapped for play from these tee boxes and those handicaps will be used to score each game where applicable. Any member playing from this tee box will be scored with the appropriate flight for their handicap. Gold tee boxes will not be used in 4 person scramble games.
11. 2017 Local Rule: WGC Board agreed to the recommendation of the USGA rule that unintentional ball movement on the green, replace ball and no penalty.
Club Play >